Thai Egg and Brussels Sprout Salad
A hot and pungent Thai Egg and Brussels Sprout Salad with authentic Thai flavors.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup mix of fresh basil and mint leaves (roughly chopped)
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 Thai chili (finely chopped)
- Bring a medium size pot of water to boil.
- Sliced Brussels sprouts in half and add to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a medium size pan over high heat, add oil and eggs and fry for on each for about 2-3 minutes, until the omelet is golden brown.
- Transfer the omelet on to a plate and add Brussels sprouts to the pan. Fry for 5 minutes, until they are lightly charred. Turn off the heat and transfer the Brussels sprouts on to a plate.
- Slice the omelet into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and stir well, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put all the ingredients for the salad in a mixing bowl, pour the dressing over and toss well.
- Transfer to a serving bowl or plate and eat warm or cold.
This Thai Egg and Brussels Sprout Salad can make two full servings or four small ones you can serve as a side.
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, side, Asian