Skinny Sugar Snap Pea Soup
A creamy (but cream-free!) and delicate pea soup made with miso paste and vegetable broth. Less than 5 minutes of prepping! Healthy, vegan and gluten-free.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas (trimmed and roughly chopped)
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons white miso paste
- 1 stalk scallion (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium size pot over medium heat, add oil and onions. Cook for 5 minutes stirring often to prevent onions from burning.
- Add sugar snap peas and one cup of vegetable broth. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetable broth and miso paste and bring to a boil. Stir well, lower to a bubbling simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to help miso paste dissolve.
- Tun the heat off and use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup until it is smooth. Add half a cup of water if you find the soup too salty (or too thick).
- Season with salt and pepper and top with scallions. Serve hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 3.1 g
- Sodium: 143.4 mg
- Fat: 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.1 g
- Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, vegan, vegetarian