Spicy Asparagus Chicken Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (chopped bite size)
- 12 stalks asparagus (end trimmed and chopped into thirds)
- 2 cups mushrooms (roughly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix well. The gochujang paste will melt once it’s cooking.
- In a large pan over high heat, add oil, garlic and shallots and cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus, stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce, stir well until gochujang is diluted, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sesame oil and sesame seeds, stir well and serve hot.