Soba Noodle Salad With Tangy Citrus Sauce
A healthy and cleansing soba noodle salad with pops of citrus, sweetness and tanginess. Addictive and ready in only 15 minutes! The best!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 5 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup cucumber (seeds scooped out and sliced into thin strips)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 orange (peeled, segmented and chopped bite size)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
Tangy citrus dressing:
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 1 thumb size ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook soba noodles according to instructions on the package. Cook a minute less than what the package says for al dente. Rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the dressing in a cup, close with a lid and shake vigorously until well blended. You may need to break up the miso paste and mix it in with a fork or spoon.
- Divide soba noodle evenly among two bowls and top with cucumber, tomatoes, orange and cilantro.
- Pour sauce over each bowl and mix with chopsticks. Serve immediately.
This Soba Noodle Salad Recipe Is:
High in manganese
High in vitamin A
Very high in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, salad, vegetarian, buckwheat noodles