Slow Cooker Pinto Beans
Savory like a traditional pork and beans recipe, this Slow Cooker Pinto Beans recipe is 100% vegan!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Slow Cooker / Crock Pot
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound, dry pinto beans
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Rinse the pinto beans and soak in cold water overnight.
- Drain the beans, rinse and drain again and add them to the slow cooker.
- In pan over medium high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, onion and celery and cook for 6-7 minutes, until onions are translucent. Turn the heat off and add the vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and slow cook on low for 6-7 hours, until the beans are tender, or on high for 4 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve.
You can store leftovers of this slow cooker pinto beans recipe in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, slow cooker, crock pot, pinto beans