Slow Cooker Chana Masala
A simple South Asian vegetarian dish, this smoky and golden Slow Cooker Chana Masala Recipe requires only 10 minutes of kitchen prep!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 300 minutes
- Total Time: 310 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons curry paste (I use Patak’s)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (stemmed, seeded and chopped)
- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water, chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 15-ounce cans garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges (optional)
- yogurt for topping (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker – except for cilantro, lemon and yogurt.
- Slow cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- Serve with cilantro leaves, a dollop of yogurt, and a squeeze of lemon (optional) over rice.
This Slow Cooker Chana Masala Recipe is:
Low in saturated fat
Very low in cholesterol
Very low in sodium
High in dietary fiber
High in manganese
Keywords: recipe, curry, stew, meatless, gluten free