Seaweed Salad (Kaisou Salada)
Tart and refreshing, Japanese Seaweed Salad makes for a delicious and easy side dish.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 sides 1x
- Category: Salads
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 15g dried seaweed salad mix
- 1 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and grated
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and set aside.
- Place the dried seaweed I a bowl of cold water and soak for 5-10 minutes (follow the instruction on the package).
- Drain and rinse well under cold water. Drain again and squeeze out excess water from the seaweed using your hands.
- Place the seaweed in in a bowl and pour dressing on top. Toss well and sprinkle ground sesame seeds on top. Serve on its own or topped with slices of fresh cucumber and tomato.
Keywords: side dish, wakame