Pickled Cherry Tomatoes (Thai Style)
Who knew you could pickle cherry tomatoes! This recipe for Thai Style Pickled Cherry Tomatoes is a little spicy, pungent and acidic, and only takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- Category: PIckles
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: Thai
- 30 cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Thai chili (finely chopped)
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl.
- Prick the tomatoes a few times using a skewer or toothpick.
- Put tomatoes in a tupperware container or pickling jar and pour marinade over.
- Refrigerate for at least a day before eating and for no longer than 4 days.
- Serve as a topping for salads or with fish, chicken or beef.
The marinade is absolutely delicious on its own as well! You can use it as a sauce for meats and fish and eat it with the tomatoes.
Keywords: recipe, condiment, side, topping