Parmesan and Broccoli Quiche
A savory and fluffy quiche recipe, loaded with parmesan and broccoli. Easy to make at home!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
- Yield: Serves 4-6
- Category: Breakfast / Brunch
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: French / American
- 9-inch deep dish frozen pie shell
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 cups broccoli florets, sliced into small bite-sized pieces (make sure they are small pieces)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cook the pie shell for around 11-14 minutes until slightly golden (or follow instructions on the package for the specific brand of pie shell you have purchased). Take pie shell out of the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 325°F.
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat, add olive oil and onions and cook for about 7 minutes. Add broccoli and cook for an additional 9-10 minutes, or until broccoli is tender. Transfer to a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk – and stir in grated parmesan cheese. Stir in onions and broccoli and season with salt and pepper. Pour into the deep dish pie crust. You may have a little extra filling left over. (If so, make yourself an omelette!)
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes (or more, if needed).
- Stick a toothpick in the middle of the quiche. If it comes out clean, the quiche is ready to eat. Otherwise continue to bake until fully cooked.
This parmesan and broccoli quiche tastes best fresh out of the oven – but will keep in the fridge for 2 days or so, provided it is well wrapped with plastic wrap or foil.
Keywords: brunch, vegetable pie, breakfast, healthy, egg recipe