Okonomiyaki Style Omelet
No batter is needed for this healthy and delicious okonomiyaki style omelet recipe. Get all the flavors of okonomiyaki minus the carbs! Ready in less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 leaves cabbage (chopped)
- okonomiyaki sauce
- katsuobushi (bonito flakes)
Quick homemade okonomiyaki sauce:
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- Whisk in eggs and salt in a bowl and set aside
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat, add oil and cabbage.
- Stir fry until cabbage is beginning to soften (2-3 minutes)
- Add eggs and move the pan from left to right to evenly spread the mixture. Lower heat to medium low, cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, until eggs are completely cooked.
- Serve topped with a good amount of bonito flakes, okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise.
Quick okonomiyaki sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients and serve.
Keywords: recipe, izakaya