My Favorite Tuna Sandwich Recipe
This is the ultimate tuna sandwich recipe – crunchy, savory, tangy and creamy, it has it all plus an added pinch of turmeric for extra health!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 sandwiches 1x
- Category: Sandwiches
- Cuisine: American
For the tuna salad
- 1/2 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 2 5 ounces can tuna in water (drained)
- 4 small cornichons, gerkins (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
For the sandwich
- whole wheat pita bread or whole grain sandwich bread
- avocado slices
- tomato slices
- Put all the ingredients for the tuna salad in a bowl and mix well.
Assembling the sandwich:
- Slice a pita bread in half and spread the tuna salad evenly into each one.
- Add avocado and tomato slices and serve immediately.
This Tuna Sandwich Recipe Is:
Low in sugar
Very high in selenium
Keywords: recipe, lunch, seafood