Mu Shu Tofu
Veggie packed mu shu recipe with smoked tofu and hoisin sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 6 pancakes
- Category: main
- Method: Pan frying
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 shiitake mushrooms (stems removed, sliced into strips)
- 1 medium carrot (sliced into strips)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces smoked tofu cutlet or seitan (sliced into bite size strips)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce (+ more for serving)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 6-8 flour tortillas or Mandarin pancakes
- In a wok or large pan over high heat, add oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, until they have softened and let out some water.
- Add carrots and cabbage and cook for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables have softened but still yield a crunch.
- Add shaoxing wine and soy sauce and stir well.
- Add tofu cutlets, bean sprouts and scallions, cook for 2 minutes and turn the heat off. Add hoisin sauce and sesame oil, toss well and transfer to a serving bowl. Season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Warm up the tortillas and spread a little hoisin sauce on each one of them. Top with mu shu mixture, roll up and serve with hoisin sauce and sriracha sauce.
The mu shu tofu mixture will keep refrigerated for up to 2 days.
Keywords: recipe, vegetables, tofu, wrap