Julia Child’s Mushrooms Sauteed with Shallots, Garlic, and Herbs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: French
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms (whole if small, quartered if large)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons scallions or shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- Saute the mushrooms in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the shallots or green onions, optional garlic, and bread crumbs, and toss over moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Just before serving, season to taste, and toss with the herbs.