Herbed jasmine rice
A simple herbed jasmine rice recipe to serve with your favorite protein.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: French
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cup water (or less if you are using a rice cooker)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried herbs (such as Herbes de Provence)
- lemon wedges
Stove Top Method:
- Briefly rinse jasmine (for no more than 3-5 seconds) and drain.
- Add rice to a pot along with water, salt, olive oil and herbs. Give it a quick stir and bring to a boil. Lower to a low simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer rice to a bowl, fluff with a fork and squeeze lemon juice on top. Serve.
Rice Cooker Method:
- Briefly rinse jasmine (for no more than 3 seconds) and drain.
- Add rice (about 1 1/4 cup for rice cooker), water, salt, olive oil and herbs to the rice cooker. Give it a quick stir, close and press start.
- When the rice is ready, leave for an additional 10 minutes before opening the lid.
- Transfer rice to a bowl, fluff with a fork and squeeze lemon juice on top. Serve.
This herbed jasmine rice recipe will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Keywords: recipe, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, easy