House Foods Honey Sriracha Tofu
Hot and sweet, this House Foods Honey Sriracha Tofu recipe tastes like the best Asian take out! It’s also healthy and only takes 15 minutes to make from start to finish!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 people
- Category: Main, Tofu
- Cuisine: easy, vegetarian, healthy
- 14 ounce block House Foods medium firm tofu
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons potato starch or corn starch (for dusting)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or other neutral oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 scallion (finely chopped (optional))
- Put tofu in Tofu Xpress for 1 hour or in the EZ Tofu Press for 15 minutes. Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes.
Alternatively, you can drain the tofu and wrap in paper towel or tea towel to remove excess water. Repeat 3 to 4 times until the tofu is drier.
- Whisk garlic, sriracha, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar in a bowl and set aside.
- Dust tofu with corn starch until all sides are coated.
- Use a medium large pan and turn the heat to high. Add oil and when the oil is hot, almost smoking, add tofu cubes. Be careful of oil spits! Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes without touching or tossing too much, until golden brown.
- Add sauce and gently coat tofu cubes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Stir once more to evenly coat tofu cubes and serve topped with scallions.
Purchase Tofu Xpress here
This Honey Sriracha Tofu Recipe Is:
High in calcium
High in manganese
Potato starch (katakuriko) is most often used in Japanese cooking. Much like cornstarch, it gives sauce and gooey texture and turn light and crispy when deep fried