Honey Sriracha Roasted Chickpeas
A healthy, slightly spicy snack that pairs perfectly with a nice, cold beer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 53 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 15 ounce canned chickpeas (drained)
Honey sriracha sauce:
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons raw organic honey, softened in the microwave for 3-4 seconds
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Put the ingredients for the honey sriracha sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- In a medium size pot, add chickpeas and honey sriracha sauce. Stir and spread the chickpeas in one layer, so they don’t sit one of top of another (there’s not a lot of sauce to cover them). Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Turn the heat off, cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Line a large cooking tray with parchment paper.
- Transfer the chickpeas, along with the sauce, onto the parchment paper. Spread them out and roast in the oven for 13 minutes. Check a couple of times to make sure the sauce isn’t burning or charring the chickpeas too much. A little is okay.
- Flip the chickpeas over and roast for an additional 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl, let cool to room temperature and serve.
Keywords: recipe, healthy, vegetarian, dessert