Edamame with Soy and Sesame Sauce
A nutty and savory snack of edamame pods lightly fried in toasted sesame oil and tossed in soy sauce. The best!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 1 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 150 grams edamame in pods
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil edamame for five minutes. Drain in cold water and dry with paper towel.
- In a pan over high heat, add sesame oil. When the oil is hot, almost smoking, add edamame pods and fry for about 3-4 minutes, until the pods are sightly charred.
- Add soy sauce and stir until the sauce has evaporated.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- This healthy snack can be served immediately or refrigerated. Delicious hot or cold!
This edamame snack will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Keywords: side, vegan, vegetarian