Healthy Granola Bars
These granola bars are not only healthier than store bought granola bars, they also taste so much better!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (quick cooking oats)
- 7 dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (about 12, chopped)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350Fº.
- Put walnuts, almonds and rolled oats in a blender and briefly pulse until oats are broken up.
- Add dates and apricots and blend until texture is the same as nuts/oats mixture.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well until the mixture clumps.
- Spread the mixture on a cookie tray (covered with parchment paper) and shape into a large rectangle or the shape you would like your breakfast bars to be.
- Bake for 15 minutes for chewy and tender, 20 minutes for crunchy.
- Take out of the oven and slice into bars. Let cool and serve.
These healthy granola bars will keep stored in an air tight container, in a cool place, for up to 5 days.
Keywords: recipe, vegetarian, dessert