Healthier Cream of Cauliflower Soup
An easy, velvety and healthier cream of cauliflower soup that tastes amazing and won’t weigh you down!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: French
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 ounces can fat free evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil, butter and garlic. Cook for one minute, until
- garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add onions and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes, until vegetables soften.
- Add cauliflower and broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20
- minutes, or until cauliflower is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Alternatively, you can pour the soup in
- batches into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to the pot and add evaporated milk. Stir well, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with a pinch of nutmeg.
This Healthier Cream Of Cauliflower Soup will keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.
Keywords: recipe, soup, gluten-free