Easy Vegan Fried Rice
An easy to make vegan fried rice that has the flavors of an iconic take out vegetable fried rice.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 people 1x
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Stir Fried
- Cuisine: Chinese
Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped
- 300g cooked brown rice
- 1 cup baby spinach, shredded
- 1/4 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or liquid aminos for gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a wok or large pan over medium high heat, add oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add onions, carrot, red bell pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft but still yielding a crunch.
- Then add cooked brown rice and spinach and stir until the vegetables are well mixed with the rice.
- Add soy sauce (or liquid aminos) and toss until the rice and vegetable are evenly coated.
- Turn the heat off and add sesame oil and cashew nuts.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss the fried rice until the flavors are evenly spread out.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
This vegan fried rice tastes best when served fresh from the wok. For meal prep, omit cashew nuts (add just prior to serving) as they get soggy when stored in the cooked rice.
Keywords: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free Optional, Asian, Chinese, Fried Rice