Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Ready in less than 15 minutes and with delicately sweet, savory and briny flavors. This shrimp fried rice recipe beats takeout any day!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Rice
- Method: Stir frying
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 10 large shrimp (chopped bite size)
- 3 cups cooked Japanese rice (at room temperature, or Jasmine)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered chicken stock
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white ground pepper
- 1 large egg (whisked)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions (finely chopped)
- In a large pan or wok over high heat, add oil and garlic and cook for 1 minute, until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add bell peppers, carrots, and shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice, break it and combine with shrimp and vegetables.
- Add powdered chicken stock, soy sauce and white pepper and mix until the rice is uniformly golden / light brown.
- Push rice to one side and add egg. Continuously stir and break with your spatula until it’s almost fully cooked. Mix it in with the fried rice.
- Turn the heat off, add sesame oil and top with scallions.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed, and serve immediately
This Easy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe Is:
Low in saturated fat
Very low in sugar
It will keep in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Keywords: recipe, side dish, chahan, Asian