Easy Chicken Pho Recipe
This is a quick, easy and VERY tasty recipe for chicken pho made with leftover roasted chicken.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- 1 quart low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 2 cups roasted chicken (shredded or roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- 6 ounce rice noodles, dry
- lime wedges
- In a medium pot over high heat, add broth and ginger and bring to a boil.
- Shred the roast chicken using your fingers and add to the broth. Add fish sauce, lower heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and turn the heat off. Add rice noodles and let soak for 6-10 minutes or follow instructions on the package. Strain and set aside.
- Put your bowl of soup together by adding noodles and topping with jalapeno and cilantro.
- Serve chicken pho recipe with lime wedge and white pepper.
This Easy Chicken Pho Recipe Is:
Very low in sugar
High in manganese
High in niacin
High in selenium
Keywords: recipe, main, noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, Asian