Chicken Chili Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (cored, seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 green bell pepper (cored, seeded and finely chopped)
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 10.5 ounce can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 10.5 ounce red kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- Cook or boil the chicken breasts and finely shred using your fingers.
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, red and green bell peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken, chili, cumin, cinnamon, salt and stir well.
- Add chicken stock, tomatoes, chickpeas and kidney beans and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add balsamic vinegar and cilantro and stir well. Season with more salt if needed and serve.