Stir Fry Beef with Spicy Hoisin Sauce
Make this spicy, authentic Szechuan hoisin stir fry beef recipe in less than 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1/2 pound lean beef (thinly sliced bite size)
- 1 red bell pepper (core and seeded, sliced into thin strips (julienne))
- 4 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 Thai chilis (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- For the marinade:
- 1 tablespoon dark soy
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Put all the ingredient for the marinade in a bowl with the beef. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a medium size pan over high heat, add oil, garlic and chiles and cook for 1 minute.
- Add beef and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and scallions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn the heat off, add hoisin sauce and miso paste, stir well until paste has dissolved. Serve stir fry with white rice.
This Stir Fry Beef With Hoisin Sauce:
Very high in iron
High in selenium
Very high in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin B12
Very high in vitamin C
High in zinc