Tasty, cheesy zucchini cakes served with your favorite tomato sauce. Everyone will love them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 cakes 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 large zucchini (grated (julienne style on the mandolin))
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- For the sauce:
- Your favorite tomato sauce. I used puttanesca for this recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, squeeze out excess water from grated zucchini by using paper towel or a cheese cloth. Repeat this step a few times until paper towel doesn’t easily soak anymore.
- Add parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, a little salt and pepper, and stir well with a spoon.
- Make your zucchini cakes by squeezing out excess liquid until the mixture can be shaped.
- In a large pan over medium/high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add cakes (you may need to this in batches) and cook until dark brown on both sides (about 5 minutes each side).
- Drain the cakes on paper towel and serve with your favorite tomato sauce.
This recipe makes about 8 medium size cakes.
- Calories: 334
- Sugar: 11.9
- Sodium: 730
- Fat: 22.6
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 22.6
- Fiber: 4.9
- Protein: 15.7
- Cholesterol: 67