Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
The BEST crispy, chewy vegan peanut butter cookies! Gluten free as well.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 13-15 mins
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 20-24 cookies
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- ¼ cup vegan butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 3 tablespoons water. Stir and leave until gelatinous)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the vegan butter, peanut butter and maple syrup in a bowl and beat using a hand mixer until the texture is smooth.
- Add sugar and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add flaxseed egg and vanilla and beat for 1 minute.
- Slowly add baking powder, baking soda, almond meal and half of the chickpea flour. Turn the mixer off.
- At this point the dough may be too hard to mix with a hand mixer so I recommend using your hands to mix the remaining chickpea flour. Knead the dough a few times until it’s smooth.
- Add the chopped pecans and fold them in using your hands.
- Scoop up about 1 full tablespoon of the dough and form into a ball. Place it on the parchment paper. Repeat this step until all the dough has been used, leaving about 2 inches of space between each ball.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for an additional 15 minutes. Serve.
Store these homemade peanut butter cookies in tupperware containers for up to 3-4 days. They’ll probably be gone long before that 🙂
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dessert, snacks