Tofu Shirataki Tuna Noodle Casserole
This is a delicious and healthy take on tuna noodle casserole using tofu shirataki noodles topped with colorful vegetables. Sponsored by House Foods.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Tofu
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots (chopped bite size)
- 1 zucchini (chopped bite size)
- 1 1/2 cup button mushrooms (chopped bite size)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 10.75 ounces can 98% fat free cream of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 12 ounces can tuna in water (drained)
- 2 packs House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles – Fettuccine Type
- salt and pepper to taste
- Open the tofu shirataki noodle packages and drain using a strainer. Rinse under cold water for about 10 seconds, to remove plant root odor.
- In a pan over high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, garlic, carrots and zucchini and cook for 4 minutes, until vegetables have begun to soften but still yield a crunch.
- Add mushrooms and green peas and cook for 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender, mushrooms should be slightly golden brown.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, soy sauce and sriracha sauce an stir well until all the vegetables are coated.
- Add tuna and tofu shirataki noodles, and tossed until the noodles are coated. Turn the heat off.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Keywords: recipe, noodles, main