Thai Vegetable Curry Noodle Soup
Classic Vegetable Curry Noodles served in a red curry, fish sauce and coconut milk broth. You will be taken back to Thailand in no time! Ready in 20 minutes.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Noodles
- Method: Boiling
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 small carrot (chopped bite size)
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli (roughly chopped)
- 6 oz medium firm tofu
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 boiled egg
- chopped cilantro
- fried shallots
- Wrap tofu in paper towel to remove excess water. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Slice tofu into bite size cubes.
- In a medium size pot over medium/high heat, add oil, garlic and tofu. Cook for 5 minutes, or until tofu is a little golden.
- Add broccoli and carrots and cook for 3 minutes. Do not over stir, you want the tofu to have a nice golden brown color (better left at the bottom).
- Add curry paste, curry powder and water. Stir until paste has dissolved.
- Add sugar and fish sauce and stir.
- Add coconut milk, stir and cook on low (simmer) for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Turn the heat off and serve with shallots, cilantro and eggs.
- Serve this curry as a soup with noodles or as a side to a bowl of rice.
Keywords: noodle soup, asian soup