Spicy Thai Mango Apple Salad
A delicious and refreshing Thai inspired mango apple salad.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Salads
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 green apple (peeled and sliced into strips (julienned))
- 1 small mango (peeled and sliced into strips (julienned))
- 2 small Thai chilis (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons cashews (salted or unsalted)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (roughly chopped (optional))
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing :
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and toss well until all the fruit is coated.
- Season with freshly ground pepper and serve cold.
This Thai salad is best when eaten fresh. You can keep it refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Keywords: Appetizer, side, Asian salad