Sweet Potato Chorizo Soup
Loaded with fall vegetables, this smoky Sweet Potato Chorizo Soup Recipe celebrates the changing seasons. Sweet potato soup never tasted so good!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (roughly chopped)
- 1 small onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 5 ounces chorizo (chopped bite size)
- 2 medium carrots (roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (roughly chopped)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- a few cilantro sprigs to use as garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over high heat, add oil, garlic, jalapeño and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent. Add chorizo and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all the chopped ingredients, broth and seasoning. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth using an immersion blender, or by transferring the soup to a blender (you may have to do this in batches).
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a few cilantro leaves on top.
This Sweet Potato Chorizo Soup Recipe is:
Low in sugar
Very high in vitamin A
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, lunch