Sweet Potato And Black Sesame Pound Cake
This sweet potato and black sesame pound cake is moist and just sweet enough to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 4 ounces sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons organic butter such as Organic Valley
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons shaved almonds
- Preheat oven to 340ºF.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a microwave safe container and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave 3-4 minutes, until tender.
- Transfer to a bowl and mash using a fork, until smooth. Add milk, 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add remaining sugar and butter and using an electric mixer, blend until the mixture is a pale yellow.
- Add eggs and sweet potato mixture and continue mixing. Slowly add flour and baking powder and mix until well blended.
- Stir in black sesame seeds and shaved almond using a spoon or silicone paddle.
- Grease or spray with cooking oil a 9″ x 4.5″ baking mold and pour the cake mixture into it. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Take the pound cake out of the oven and let cool to room temperature before serving.
Store this sweet potato and black sesame pound cake in an air tight container. It will keep at room temperature for about 3 days and in the fridge for about a week.
Keywords: recipe, snack, cake, brunch