Super Nutty Chocolate Pepperming Bark (Video)
One layer of naughty and two layers of nice make this Super Nutty ChocolatePeppermint Bark the perfect sweet, holiday inspired treat. It also makes a great homemade gift!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 pieces 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (melted)
- 1/2 cup mix of pecans (almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds and/or flax seed)
- Himalayan salt
- you will also need a candy thermometer
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add butter, water, sugar and kosher salt. Put the thermometer in and stir occasionally until thermometer reaches 300ºF. The mixture should be golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and remove pot from heat. Very slowly add vanilla extract, stirring constantly.
- Pour the toffee mixture onto the baking sheet and tilt it from side to side to spread evenly. Set aside for 10-15 minutes, until cool.
- Meanwhile, put chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Stir and microwave for another 20 seconds. Repeat this step until chocolate is melted.
- Drizzle chocolate over the toffee and spread evenly with a large spoon or offset spatula.
- Sprinkle nuts, seeds and salt on top and set aside until the nutty chocolate has completely set (about 2 hours).
- You can speed up the process by putting it in the fridge – it should set in about an hour.
- Break toffee into pieces and serve.
This Super Nutty Chocolate Bark Recipe is:
Very high in vitamin B6
Keywords: recipe, snack, Christmas, New Year's, for kids, for party