This is an easy, light and savory summer chicken soup recipe with a Vietnamese flair. You’ll love it!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 people 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
For the broth:
- 2 breasts Just BARE Chicken (about 3/4 pound)
- 4 ounces rice noodles (flat, medium width)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3–4 baby bok choy (sliced in half, lengthwise)
- 1 large shallot (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh corn
- 6 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 star anise
- 5 cloves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeno (thinly sliced)
- mint leaves (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Bring a medium size pot of water to boil. Turn the heat off and add Just BARE Chicken breasts. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain and chill in the fridge until the breasts are cool enough to be handled by hand.
- Using your fingers or a fork, shred the chicken and set aside.
- In a pot over medium high heat, add all the ingredients for the broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook rice noodles according to directions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium high heat, add oil and swirl to evenly coat the pan. Place baby bok choy with the flat surface facing down. Push the bok choy to one side of the pan and add shallots and corn to the other side. Cook for a few minutes (2-3 minutes) and flip the bok choy over. Cook until bok choy and shallot are golden brown, almost caramelized and turn the heat off. Transfer vegetables to a plate and set aside.
- Even distribute rice noodles among 3-4 bowls and add broth.
- Top with bok choy and corn mixture, jalapenos, mint leaves, sriracha sauce and lime wedges. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 446
- Sugar: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 1461.9 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.4 g
- Fiber: 3.1 g
- Protein: 38.9 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
Keywords: recipe, noodle soup, main