Chinese Restaurant Style Stir Fried Napa Cabbage
You’ll be proud to serve this Chinese stir fried napa cabbage for dinner tonight. It’s got flavor for days!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Asian
- Method: Stir Fried
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or salad oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 large napa cabbage (about 1 pound), sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 small carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon potato starch or cornstarch mixed with 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and ground white pepper, to taste
- Place a large pan over high heat and wait 1 minute. When the pan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add cabbage and carrots and stir fry for 4 minutes
- Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and garlic – and cook for 1 minute
- Next, add potato starch and water mixture and cook for one minute, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add sesame oil, stir well and turn the heat off.
- Season with salt and ground white pepper and serve.
You can keep leftovers of this napa cabbage stir fry covered in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Keywords: stir fry, side dish, vegetable recipe, Chinese, main course