Ssamjang (Korean Dipping Sauce)
You’re gonna love the sweet heat and savory earthiness in this easy ssamjang recipe! Use it as a Korean BBQ sauce – or as a unique dip for your vegetable tray.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: about 1 cup 1x
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Stirring
- Cuisine: Korean
- ½ cup Korean fermented soybean paste (doenjang)
- 3 tablespoons Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, rice, or as a sauce for meats, seafood, or vegetables.
Make it less spicy by using less gochujang.
Make it sweeter by adding 1 tablespoon honey.
To toast sesame seeds, place them in a pan over low heat and shake the pan for 1-2 minutes until the seeds turn golden brown. Make sure to keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly!
Keywords: dipping sauce, Korean, doenjang, gochujang, korean bbq, bbq sauce