Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies
This healthier Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe is one part gooey oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, one part pumpkin pie. Ready in 25 minutes from start to finish!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup instant old fashioned oats
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or dark molasses
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mix of dark and/or white chocolate chips, walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicone baking sheet).
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and oats and toss well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract.
- Add to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts and fold into the dough.
- Scoop the cookie dough on the baking sheet (about 2 tablespoons per cookie) and flatten just a bit to help cookies bake evenly. Leave enough space between each cookie to grow and rise.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
This Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies Recipe is:
Low in cholesterol
Very low in sodium
High in manganese
High in vitamin A
Keywords: recipe, vegetarian, snack