Orange Chicken Recipe
This easy to make and naturally sweet Orange Chicken Recipe is a delicious take on the American-Chinese classic and is ready in 20 minutes. A fun and tasty meal for the entire family!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 people 1x
- Category: Stir fry
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Chinese
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (chopped into bite size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3 stalks scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (rinsed and patted dry, optional)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (grated)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (add one more if you like it sweeter)
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 3 teaspoons water
- Put chicken, rice vinegar and cornstarch in a bowl and mix until cornstarch has dissolved. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add all the ingredients for the orange chicken sauce – EXCEPT for cornstarch and water. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
- In a large pan over high heat, add oil and chicken and toss for 4-5 minutes, until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Stir the sauce and add to the pan. Bring the sauce to a boil and add cornstarch and water mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook for a minute or until the sauce has thickened and turn the heat off.
- Put the bean sprouts on a plate and top with orange chicken. Drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds and scallions on top. Serve immediately.
This orange chicken recipe will keep for up to 2 days.
Keywords: recipe, Asian, main