Using barley grains:
- Rinse the barley grains under water and drain.
- Transfer the grains to a tea filter bag or place them in a tea strainer.
- Pour the water into a pot and bring to a boil. Add the tea bag or place the tea strainer in the pot and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. The longer you simmer, the stronger the taste.
- Remove the barley and pour the tea into a pitcher.
- Drink hot or refrigerate until cold, for up to 4 days.
Cold brewing with tea bag:
- Place on tea bag in a pitcher with cold water. Refrigerate for about 2 hours and enjoy.
Hot brewing with tea bag:
- Bring water to a boil and turn the heat off. Add the tea bag to the pot or kettle and let brew for about 15 minutes. Remove the tea bag and enjoy.