Marinated zucchini slices
This a popular Italian dish of sliced zucchini marinated in a basil, garlic, vinegar, and olive oil based marinade.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 sides 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 yellow zucchini (sliced 1/4-inch thick, lengthwise)
- 2 green zucchini (sliced 1/4-inch thick, lengthwise)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the marinade:
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil (roughly chopped)
- In a large pan over high heat, add olive oil. When the oil is hot, add zucchini slices but do not overcrowd the pan (as this will lower the oil temperature).
- Cook on medium high until slices are golden brown, almost slightly charred.
- Transfer slices onto a paper towel and repeat until all the slices are cooked.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Using a large tupperware, line the bottom with zucchini slices and drizzle with a little dressing. Continue layering and adding a little dressing until all slices are used.
- Cover with a lid and refrigerate for a few hour (at least 2). Serve cold.
These marinated zucchini slices will keep refrigerated in a storage container for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the longer they sit, the soggier they will get.
- Calories: 66
- Saturated Fat: 1
Keywords: Side, vegetable, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free