Lightened Up Corn Casserole
This Lightened Up Corn Casserole Recipe has the spirit of cornbread with the soul of a creamy autumn casserole. Ready in 40 minutes from start to finish!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 15.25 ounces can sweet yellow corn (drained)
- 14.75 ounces can sweet corn cream style
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 red bell pepper (cored and diced)
- 4 ounces can diced green chilies (drained)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + extra for brushing
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8.5 ounces corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients except the corn muffin mix and stir well.
- Then, slowly whisk in corn muffin mix until well blended.
- Brush a 9×13” pan with olive oil and add mixture. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and mixture has set (it’s okay if it’s still a little soft inside).
This Lightened Up Corn Casserole Recipe is:
Very high in vitamin B6
High in vitamin C
Keywords: recipe, appetizer, Thanksgiving, Christmas, holiday season