Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
Fresh dill and a squeeze of lemon juice gives this lemon chicken orzo soup a cleansing feel – and it’s ready to eat in half an hour!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (or fillets) (chopped bite size)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 cup dry orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over high heat, add extra virgin olive oil and chicken, and cook for 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In the same pot, add onions, garlic and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots, celery and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and orzo and cook for 8-10 minutes, until orzo is cooked al dente.
- Turn the heat off, add chicken, lemon juice and dill and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
This soup will keep in the fridge for 3-5 days.
This Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Is:
Very high in niacin
High in selenium
High in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Keywords: recipe, noodles, appetizer, restorative