- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Condiment
- Cuisine: Korean
- 2 cups daikon (peeled and julienned (cut into small strips))
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and julienned)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons tobanjan (Korean chili paste)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt (plus added 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Put the daikon, carrots and shallot in a medium size mixing bowl and add 2 tsp salt. Quickly mix with your hands and leave for 10 minutes, to soften the veggies.
- In a separate small bowl, mix water, rice vinegar and tobanjan. Stir until tobanjan has diluted and add sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and sesame oil. Stir well until sugar and salt have melted.
- Rinse the vegetable, drain and squeeze out excess water. Return the vegetable in the mixing bowl and pour the tobanjan mixture over.
- Add sesame seeds and using chopsticks or a spoon, mix until veggies are well coated. Serve or let pickle for up to 3 days.
- Calories: 233
- Saturated Fat: 2