Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing (Restaurant-Style)
This iconic and delicious Japanese Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe will transport your taste buds to Shibuya! Ready in 10 minutes from start to finish.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 people 1x
- Category: Dressings
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 7 ounces carrots (peeled and chopped )
- 4 ounces onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup organic canola or vegetable oil
- Put all the ingredients except for the canola oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add the oil and blend until the mixture has emulsified.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber.
You can use olive oil but the flavor will be slightly different since it’s not a neutral oil like canola or vegetable. It will still be good though!
This Japanese Restaurant Style Ginger Dressing Recipe makes about 2 cups.
Keywords: recipe, salad dressing, vinaigrette, carrot ginger dressing, condiment, vegan, vegetarian