Jamaican Chicken Curry Recipe
Hotttt! This Jamaican chicken curry recipe is spicy and hits the spot if you are looking for strong and assertive curry flavors!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 38 minutes
- Total Time: 48 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (sliced bite size)
- 1 potato (sliced bite size)
- 1 medium onion (sliced bite size)
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced bite size)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
- 6 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- dash good balsamic vinegar (optional)
- In a pot over high heat, add oil, thyme and chicken and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add potatoes, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño and curry powder and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except balsamic vinegar, stir well and lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30 minutes. Add water if the curry looks dry (up to 1/2 cup).
- Turn the heat off, add a dash of balsamic vinegar (about 1/2 tsp), stir and serve Jamaican chicken curry with rice and Greek yogurt.
This Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Recipe, chicken, easy, curry, stew