How to Cook Bok Choy
Learn how to cook bok choy with this easy step-by-step tutorial!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 14 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 pound baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise, rinsed, drained, and patted dry.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix the soy sauce, mirin, and miso paste, and keep stirring until the miso paste has dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, add sesame oil, and swirl the pan to coat it evenly.
- Place the bok choy halves, cut side face down, and cook for 2 minutes without moving them around.
- Flip the bok choy and cook for an additional minute and add the sauce.
- Stir quickly to coat the bok choy, turn the heat off and transfer to a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Leftovers: Keep refrigerated in an airtight storage container for up to 2 days.
To store or freeze bok choy, please refer to the instructions written above this recipe.
Keywords: vegetarian, dim sum, pak choi, pok choi, appetizer