Honey Sweetened Cornflake Cookies
A touch of sweetness to accompany the crunchy flakes make this cookie the perfect adult treat!
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Japanese
- 150 grams raw organic honey
- 150 grams rice flour
- 75 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 40 grams mix of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts
- handful cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Microwave raw organic honey for 10 seconds, or until it becomes soft.
- In a bowl, mix rice flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder.
- Add honey and oil and mix until it becomes a ball of dough.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and mix into the ball.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts and make 3 cookies – about 1 centimeter thin so they come out crispy- out of each quarter part.
- Gently press a few pieces of cornflakes into each cookie so most of the top is covered.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Take out of the oven and let cool to room temperature. Serve.
Keywords: recipe, snacks, sweets