Hiyayakko – cold tofu with ginger and scallions
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Japanese, Tofu
- 12 ounce silken tofu
- 1 stalk scallion (finely chopped)
- 1 small thumb size ginger (peeled and grated)
- bonito flakes (katsuobushi)
- light soy sauce
- Take tofu out of the package and drain. Wrap tofu in paper towel or kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Slice the tofu cube in 4 even pieces. Plate the tofu and add some scallions, a little freshly grated ginger and sprinkle some bonito flakes.
- Drizzle a little soy (too much will overpower the delicate flavor of the tofu) and serve.