Gluten-Free Stuffing Flavored Spaghetti Squash
This gluten-free stuffing flavored spaghetti squash is a great way to cut down on carbs during the holiday season while still enjoying the savory flavors of a traditional stuffing! Ready in 30 minute from start to finish!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pounds spaghetti squash
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds with a spoon. Discard the seeds.
- Put a damp cloth or paper towel on a microwave safe plate or other microwave safe container and place the spaghetti squash, cut side down (skin facing up) on top. Microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Take the spaghetti squash out of the microwave and shred with a fork into a large bowl. If the squash is still hard, microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until it’s soft enough to shred. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add vegan butter, onions and celery and saute for 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Add walnuts and saute for 3 minutes. Turn the heat off and pour the mixture over the spaghetti squash.
- Add vegetable broth, sage, parsley, rosemary, and parmesan cheese, and toss well.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss and serve.
This gluten-free spaghetti squash recipe will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Keywords: recipe, gluten-free, vegetarian, Thanksgiving, Christmas