Fresh Ginger Moscow Mule Recipe
This is a healthy take on the classic Moscow mule – Fresh Ginger Moscow Mule Recipe with Orange Juice, Lime and Basil Leaves.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- 2 ounes vodka
- 3 teaspoons ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 leaves basil
- 1 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup soda water (or seltzer)
- lime and/or orange wedges for garnish
- In a mug or cup, add sugar, ginger and basil and gently muddle for a few second until basil becomes fragrant (until you can smell it).
- Add vodka and stir well until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add orange juice, lime juice and a few ice cubes (3 or 4 big cubes) and stir.
- Add soda water and give it a quick stir.
- Serve this Moscow mule recipe garnished with lime and orange wedges.
You can also add a little cayenne pepper (just a sprinkle – cayenne pepper is very powerful!)
Keywords: recipe, cocktail, alcohol, celebration