Spicy Basil Chicken
Tender juicy chicken breasts marinated in soy sauce and sriracha sauce.
- Author: Caroline Phelps
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 13 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Marinating
- Cuisine: Thai
- 1 pound skinless (boneless chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy
- 1 tablespoon light soy
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 5 leaves basil
- In a bowl, mix dark soy, light soy and sriracha sauce.
- Put the chicken breasts in a tupperware container (or Ziploc bag) and pour the soy mixture over.
- Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (no more than 5).
- In a pan over high heat, add oil and cook the chicken breasts until cooked through (about 8 minutes.)
- Put the chicken on a plate and shred some basil leaves on top, using your hands. Serve immediately.
This spicy basil chicken will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Calories: 445
- Saturated Fat: 3